Beautiful BEing, you did IT – you showed up, breathed deep, made connections and opened yourself to new possibilities!
Acknowledge yourself for all you learned and all you shared during the in-person experience of the HoopYogini™ Teacher Training ~ Awaken Level.
Your presence made an impact and was needed in the supported circle of our training experience.
As you know, attending the in-person training was just the beginning.
You are currently in a space of developing a daily seated meditation and movement practice that will deepen your integration of the holistic components of HoopYogini™, as well as deepen your relationship with Self and Source.
From your dedicated personal practice, sincere self-inquiry and on-going study, you will become “influential” – in flow with your essence. Being in flow with your essence allows you to create a life of ease with healthy energetic boundaries, expansive possibilities, and deeply enriching relationships.
Being influential allows you to make a positive impact in your life and the lives of your students, thus affecting your home, your community and the planet.
So, like JC Penny’s reminds us – “It’s all inside.”
And, from the wisdom of Sri. K. Pattabhi Jois – “Do your practice and all is coming.”
The Road to Certification
The following will guide you towards certification as a HoopYogini™ Teacher Training at the Awaken Level.
I have identified that a minimum of seven weeks of post in-person training are required to be considered for certification.
- Daily Seated Meditation practice – minimum of 15 minutes
- Daily Journal Inquiries and recording of your insights, and blocks related to your meditations and HoopYogini™ explorations
- Daily HoopYogini™ Spinal Awakening practice as detailed in your training manual
- Minimum of three HoopYogini™ ~ From the Core personal practice sessions with the instructional video to include the Integrative Cool Down as shared in the training manual
- Minimum of two HoopYogini™ ~ Alchemy & Flow practices as detailed in the training manual
- Continuing integration and fulfillment of the explorations as per the Required Reading List & Resources page
- Minimum of one hour of hatha yoga practice preferably with a live instructor, however, this hour can be fulfilled with a dvd or video
Week Two, the above plus:
- Video yourself teaching (to the camera – me) the Spinal Awakening Series (SAS) as it is presented in your manual/shared in your in-person training (see below). The video should be 15 – 22 minutes and include all the moves in the SAS. Share the video with me via YouTube as a Private video (you can invite me to view via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or Unlisted (email me the URL to the video).
- Schedule your Mentoring Call 1 of 2 (see below) for Week Two or Three.
HoopYogini™ ~ Spinal Awakening Series Sequence:
Breathing Lifts (WITHOUT “Life is Awesome…”)
Side Arch Flow
Breathing Lifts WITH Life is Awesome! Oh, Yes it is.
Around the World
Life is Awesome! Oh, Yes it is.
Centered Pose to “hear” Gratitude
Inspired Twists to one side – lifting Gratitude
Centered Twists to Centered Pose for Mindfulness Meditation Moment to cultivate
Prayer, Wish or Intention
Inspired Twists to the other side – lifting Prayer, Wish or Intention
Centered Twists to Centered Pose for Mindfulness Meditation Moment
Closing with Dedication – “May your practice bring you peace and may you share this peace with the world. Namaste”
Sharing of your name, the HY SAS practice, benefits and thank you
Weeks Three & Four, the above plus:
- Start to practice teach the Spinal Awakening Series to those outside of your in-person HoopYogini Teacher Training experience
- Video yourself teaching (to the camera – me) the Integrative Cool Down (ICD) as it is presented in your manual (see below). The video should be 10 – 20 minutes and include all the moves in the ICD. Share the video with me via YouTube as a Private video (you can invite me to view via the email address email@example.com or Unlisted (email me the URL to the video).
- Schedule your Mentoring Call 2 of 2 (see below) for Week Four or Five
- holding the hoop at 6pm then flipping the hoop down and behind you so you are now holding the hoop at 12pm
- Centered Prayer Pose – hold hoop between thumb and forefinger
Integrative Mindfulness Meditation Moment
Closing Declaration – “May our practice bring us peace and may we share this peace with the world. Namaste.”
Weeks Five & Six, the above plus:
- Start to practice teach the Spinal Awakening Warm-up, Core Empowerment Vinyasa and Integrative Cool Down to those outside of your in-person HoopYogini Teacher Training experience
- Prepare for your Mentoring Call (see below)
- Prepare for your live online teaching assessment via www.spreecast.com (see below)
Week Seven, the above plus:
- Fulfill your live online teaching assessment via www.spreecast.com (see below)
There are two mentoring and coaching sessions included in your training tuition. In preparation for the calls, have the following prepared:
The core sutras inherent to the HoopYogini™ Teacher Training ~ Awaken Level manual and in-person event.
The 12 sutras that stand out to you from The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali as per the the Required Reading List & Resources.
A core story, message, metaphor or tradition that speaks to you from The Hoop & The Tree.
Insights from your personal practice.
Areas of challenge: meditation, asana/postures, teaching, etc.
Questions related to teaching and requests for additional support.
Live Teaching Assessment
At the end of week seven, you’ll lead an abbreviated HoopYogini™ class that I will watch live via www.spreecast.com. Be prepared to teach a succinct version of the Spinal Awakening Series in addition to specific moves from the Core Empowerment Series that I will identify to you in our second Mentoring Call. You will also offer the Integrative Cool Down.
Upon review and assessment of teaching strengths and learning opportunities, certification will be awarded or additional paths of learning identified.
Sign up for an account on www.spreecast.com (it’s free). Start sourcing teaching locations that will hold 3 – 10 people and supports wifi. You’ll need a computer with a camera and you’ll need to test the location and your equipment prior to your training assessment.
Monthly Guided Tele-Meditation & ThetaHealing® Renewal Call for Teachers, Therapists & Other Helping Professionals – 2nd Wednesday of each month